Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Bruins D Torey Krug said he was hit in the face
СообщениеДобавлено: 18 янв 2019, 09:51 
Постоялец

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
Баллы репутации: 0
LAS VEGAS (AP) Nate Schmidt spent the previous four seasons playing for the Washington Capitals Adidas James Van Riemsdyk Jersey , and he personally experienced the heartbreak of their recent playoff disappointments. The defenseman understands why many people thought this talented, experienced team might never win a championship.Schmidt and his many good friends with the Caps are finally in the Stanley Cup Final this week. Only they’re on opposite benches after the Vegas Golden Knights grabbed Schmidt in the expansion draft and wouldn’t give him back.Schmidt was Washington’s sixth defenseman last season, but he now leads the Golden Knights in ice time. The improbable matchup in Monday night’s series opener puts a bewildered grin on Schmidt’s face.”Yeah, I don’t think you could have written this up any better for me,” he said Sunday.Both of his franchises are in the midst of banner years, and Schmidt won’t argue with the idea that he deserves a small part of the credit.Or maybe the blame.”I really enjoyed my time in Washington,” Schmidt said. ”I thought that team was special, and we still had a good chance to go and do something, and here they are, proving it.”Schmidt stops himself as another grin invades his serious interview session.”I must have been the reason why!” he said. ”I must have been the problem.”Not likely. Schmidt’s irrepressible personality and two-way acumen have made him one of the Golden Knights’ most valuable players during their improbable inaugural season.He surpassed his previous career highs with five goals and 31 assists while doing steady work on the back end. Given extensive responsibilities in Vegas after playing a smaller role in Washington, Schmidt has taken a major step forward.”The perception of your game could be remodeled and redone, and I think that’s the coolest part of what we’ve been able to do here in Vegas,” Schmidt said. ”You have guys that have been able to revamp their image or revamp their style, and for other guys to grow into the players that people may not have thought they could be.”Schmidt might have had this success in Washington if he had stuck around. He had begun to assert himself in a pairing with John Carlson Adidas Christian Folin Jersey , the Caps’ No. 1 defenseman.”We were playing together last season, and that’s probably how it would have started out again this season,” said Carlson, who led all NHL blueliners this season with 68 points. ”So there’s a little disappointment from that, but obviously he’s done really well for himself. That’s no surprise. I wish him all the best, but not for these next two weeks.”Schmidt has been particularly effective in the playoffs. Partnered with former Kings defenseman Brayden McNabb in the Knights’ top pairing, Schmidt has provided energy, timely scoring and strong back-end play while Vegas roared past Los Angeles, San Jose and Winnipeg with just three losses.Schmidt knows more about the Caps than his teammates, so he realizes the enormity of their task. He’ll lead the Golden Knights’ efforts to minimize Alex Ovechkin’s time and space with the puck.”He’s a beast,” Schmidt said. ”I played against him in practice for a long time, so hopefully I know a few tendencies of his. But in reality, he’s a player that can shoot the puck from anywhere.”Schmidt’s unusual perspective on this series is matched only by Vegas general manager George McPhee. Before the Caps fired him in 2014, McPhee acquired many of the players on Washington’s roster – including Schmidt Adidas Erik Karlsson Jersey , an undrafted free agent out of the University of Minnesota, in 2013.McPhee acquired him again last summer for Vegas, but Washington general manager Brian MacLellan tried hard to keep him with a post-draft trade. If anybody could have made a deal, it’s these two men, who have known each other for 44 years since their bantam playing days in Guelph, Ontario, followed by college careers at Bowling Green and several years together in Washington’s front office.Not even a childhood friendship could keep Schmidt away from his new destiny in Vegas.”We made our selection, and then he called and asked if there’s any way we could do a deal for him to get Schmidt back,” McPhee recalled. ”And I said, `I don’t see anything, but we’ll try to come up with something to give you a chance to say no.’ We made a proposal that I didn’t think would work, and it didn’t work. Our guys liked Schmidt.”—More Stanley Cup coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/StanleyCupFinals PHILADELPHIA (AP) Wayne Simmonds just had to tap the puck over the blue line but couldn’t. Then Andrew MacDonald fanned on a clearance.Patrice Bergeron pounced on the extra chances, tying it for the Boston Bruins with 3.8 seconds left and leaving the Philadelphia Flyers stunned.It took Jakub Voracek’s pep talk and Claude Giroux’s acrobatics to finally give Philadelphia a crucial win.Giroux scored his second goal with 1:21 left in overtime and the Flyers recovered for a 4-3 victory over Boston on Sunday to inch closer to returning to the playoffs after a year absence.”The play at the end of the game is a play that can’t happen. We all know that,” Flyers coach Dave Hakstol said of the stick-handling mishaps. ”Take that puck and just push it out to the neutral zone.”Dazed ahead of OT Adidas Adam Cracknell Jersey , Voracek implored his teammates to stay focused. Voracek then sprung Giroux on a breakaway. The captain faked out goaltender Anton Khudobin by acting like he was going to take the puck through his legs, only to snap a backhander for his career-best 29th goal.”I just thought I’d try that,” Giroux said, grinning.Travis Konecny added a dazzling goal and an assist, Nolan Patrick also scored and Petr Mrazek made 36 saves for the Flyers. Philadelphia opened an eight-point lead over idle Florida, the last team that can overtake it for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference – the Flyers have three games left and the Panthers five.Bergeron helped the ailing Bruins earn a point. With the goaltender pulled, Bergeron got his 30th goal on feed from Brad Marchand after the Flyers’ miscues.”We didn’t have a ton of control, but we continued to stay on it,” Marchand said. ”Tried to force them to make plays, turn a couple of pucks over and it ended up in the net.”Noel Acciari and David Pasrnak scored and Khudobin stopped 20 shots for the Bruins, who lost Brandon Carlo and Riley Nash to injuries a day earlier.The Bruins welcomed Zdeno Chara back from an upper body injury a day after losing fellow defenseman Carlo to a possible serious leg injury, but they couldn’t complete a season sweep of Philadelphia.”We got the point, but losing (stinks), Khudobin said.Boston moved two points ahead of Tampa Bay atop the the Atlantic Division. The Lightning played later Sunday against Nashville.A day after Vegas’ Willam Karlsson’s short-handed Adidas Josh Jooris Jersey , between-the-legs goal was declared by many to be the NHL’s top goal this season, Konecny provided competition. His nifty stick work made it 2-0 just 25 seconds into the second period.Konecny flicked the puck between two defenders along the boards, regained possession in the faceoff circle, went to his backhand to slip past a flailing Bergeron and then quickly switched back to his forehand and beat Khudobin from the slot for his 24th goal.”I think it was just instinct. I reacted,” Konecny said. ”When it happens, you’re just in the moment.”But it was Giroux, who has a career-high 95 points, that came up with the final and most important tricky stick work.”I’ve seen some great highlight-reel goals throughout the year,” Hakstol said, ”but I don’t think I’ve seen a better one than that.”NOTES: Bruins D Torey Krug said he was hit in the face by Patrick’s high stick just before Patrick’s goal made it 3-1. . Flyers G Alex Lyon was recalled on an emergency basis to back up Mrazek as Michal Neuvirth (lower body) was unavailable. No. 1 G Brian Elliott (abdominal surgery) practiced Saturday and could return this week. . Bruins D Charlie McAvoy (knee) skated before the game and could return Tuesday. . Marchand, who was named the NHL’s second star of March, took a penalty when he cross-checked Andrew MacDonald in the face late in the second period.UP NEXTBruins: Tuesday night at Tampa Bay in the second matchup in six days of the East’s top two teams.Flyers: Tuesday night at the New York Islanders in their final road game of the regular season.—

Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 1 час